The Nelson's Beach House

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A break from renovations...

Ok, so we took a couple days off from home renovations to celebrate my 25th birthday. It allowed me to reflect back on how truly lucky we are for all that we have. We have this beautiful house as our canvas, we both have careers which we love (the mister actually took a promotion at the end of last year!), we have our health, and most of all we have the endless true love we have found in one another.

On the morning the day before my birthday the mister woke me up at 6:30 am and told me we were going somewhere for a birthday surprise. He did surprise me, it was a day early! We got in the car and as we started driving I kept guessing what it could be... Finally once I realized we were heading to the east coast he informed me that we were going to Miami to hit all of the flea markets, antique stores, and thrift stores over there, and also stopping at Ikea. He then gave me a list of all of the stores he found and told me he pre-programmed all of them in the GPS. My reply, OMG Really? Those who know me know that I LOVE resale shopping and love browsing and looking for something to paint or fix up for our beach house.

To make the deal even better we went to Krispy Kreme for breakfast (YUM)!





At night the hubby told me we were having a surprise dinner. He took me to our favorite hibachi restaurant. When we got in the door the hostess asked how many and I said two, to which the mister replied, "actually we are meeting people here". My jaw dropped, as he had planned a surprise dinner with all of my friends already there. I was completely stunned, as he is not a good secret keeper ;) It was a completely wonderful day. The best thing was that my friends are taking me to a painting class with a beach theme so that we can create some art for the first floor. They are so thoughtful! (the wonderful life size balloons were also from them! When we got to the restaurant the server said "ok 25, not 52, I wasn't sure....)
Here are some pics from our day.






Best find of the day, nine pairs of shoes for $45! (I think Crash stole one of the silver flops, I will need to find that one...)




The day of my birthday we woke up, went to lunch, caught a movie, and went mini-golfing (I shot lefty, which I think actually helped my normally horrible swing :)) We got home and watched a movie on Netflix and had a puppy pile. The perfect ending to the perfect birthday.

Here are some pics of the mini-golf. We had so much fun! I think Mr. Nelson was even saw shooting off of the stairs!






I got my golf ball stuck in the grass and was determined to get it back on the green...




No comments:

Post a Comment