The Nelson's Beach House

Monday, July 25, 2011

Snakes are good at hiding

So, last night the mister went downstairs to find some tools for our mini projects upstairs (more on that in posts to come). He was also checking the concrete to make sure it was drying correctly. All of a sudden I hear from downstairs "can you check and see what color are some of the poisonous snakes in Florida?" To which I responded "is there one in the house or outside?" And he replied, "I would rather not tell you". I remember hearing the rhyme "red touch yellow, kill a fellow, red touch black, friend of Jack" Turns out he was a friend, but I am sorry I do not consider any snakes friends. He was a scarlet kings snake, and looked tiny, but was still very frightening as he tried to bite us and we tried to corral him back outside.

He came through the only crack left downstairs, which is underneath the threshold of the back door. Guess what was at the top of our Home Depot list for today? Yes, a brand new threshold.

Here are some pics of him. He was hiding under our framing in one of the pictures.





No comments:

Post a Comment