The Nelson's Beach House

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Never Ending Sandcastle Project

Okay, I like the beach. I love our beach themed house. That being said, I really dislike the job of digging the trenches. The sand is neverending and just when I thought we may be done, we have to dig more. The worst was digging the 30 inch hole for the sump pump. It took us three days to dig it out since a lot of it was concrete and large rocks. Here are some pictures of the progress.



On top of that, we had to separate the sand from the big chunks of rock and debris. Jeff made a very nifty sifter to separate the two. I felt like I was mining for gold, only it wasn't quite as fun.


We were both getting very anxious with how long the process was taking. At one point I took a break to let the dogs out. I heard Elvis enter the first floor and start barking. I walked in to find this:


How lucky am I? We seem to be laughing at each other (and the process) every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment