The Nelson's Beach House

Friday, July 1, 2011

Favorite Ideas, all in one place...

Okay, so now that we have been in total construction mode (and that we are on summer vacation) I have been surfing the web for creative craft/decorating ideas. Some of these sites BLEW my socks off with the creative factor. I like to think I have good ideas, but many ideas only come after surfing the web and reading other blogs...

Decor ideas....
First up, is a WONDERFUL site where we are planning to create our own fabric for some pillows/possible curtains. I am thinking of all things beach/nelson beach house on the print. I am planning to design the fabric later this week. Will post updates :)

www.spoonflower.com

Another idea I really liked was creating a new light to go in the entrance way. I really LOVED this one from B.E. Interiors, and may try to tackle one like it myself...here is a pic...

Here's a similar one by West Elm...


I then found another blog called "Projects by Laurie". I love it because it is all things coastal. Here is her toilet paper holders. I have already purchased all of the supplies to do these in two of our bathrooms, although I think I will use two hooks in each instead of one...

lauries-projects.blogspot.com

Last but not least has been my GREATEST love. My friend Abby told me about this awesome blog called Young House Love. It is about a young couple and their journey as they tackle DIY projects. Here is one I would love to try for a stairs barrier...
Their table during...

After....



younghouselove.com

No comments:

Post a Comment